The Functional Food Foundation is a non-profit organization dedicated to raising funds to advance development, distribution, and accessibility of functional foods for everyone. Functional Foods are those that do more than mere nutrition and aid in disease prevention or treatment. Food is the Foundation of health!
Derby Day | May 7, 2022 | Minneapolis Club
Join us for a delectable delightful day enjoying scrumptious cuisine paired with wonderful wines and watch the 149th Kentucky Derby while raising funds for Hennepin Healthcare Foundation. Funds are earmarked for the Kitchen Table, a teaching kitchen in the Redleaf Center for Family Healing opened in 2021. The Kitchen Table will gather patients and their families with chefs and physicians to foster healing and nurturing through the power of food and nutrition education.
Dress to impress and inspire! There will be many games, interactive activities, and oh so much style. We will have Mini Horses, Great Danes, and Angora Bunnies, oh my! While the stallions will remain at the track, This Little Horse is bringing a collection of adorable amiable mini-horses for photo opportunities and more. And, while speed will not be promised, a heard of Angora Rabbits from Peace Island Bunnies will show off their natural cruelty-free fashions on their very own “bunnywalk grassway”.
There will be three tremendous artists who will be “performing” their artistry live as they create equine paintings that you will be able to bid on later that day. Each artist will be presenting additional works for purchase at Derby Day.
Moving onward, in the spirit of nutritious, delicious, functional food that heals, Chef Hakan Lundberg of the Minneapolis Club is preparing a delectable selection of Derby-inspired cuisine without the fat, sugar, preservatives and other junk that southern comfort food has grown to be known for.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- This is a fun, semi-formal, stylish vent. Go to our website to get fashion ideas
- Chef Hakan Lundberg of the Minneapolis Club and Chef Matthew Sweet of Hennepin Healthcare Foundation are preparing a broad selection of nutritious delicious healthy appetizers for you to enjoy
- There is free parking in the Minneapolis Club Ramp
- This is a 21+ Adult event however we welcome well-mannered teenagers accompanied by their parents
- There are several locally owned wine, spirits and beer companies that will be providing tastings throughout the event
- Yes, there will be live, full sized horses and mounted police along with mini-horses (not ponies) attending
- Beyond the culinary delights our chefs are preparing, there are several tasting tables of nutritious delicious foods
- There are several games related to racing where you can win wonderful prizes to take home
- Come dressed to impress as there are countless photo opportunities, local media photographers and photo scenes set up for you to strike a pose.